The Douglas Shire Ratepayers Association (DSRA) is accepted as the pre-eminent body that represents and advocates in the best interests of the ratepayers in Douglas Shire.
To contribute to a strong, vibrant & healthy community in the Douglas Shire through the development of a proactive & representative network of ratepayers, committed to:
- ensuring all activities/decisions/actions made by local government are undertaken in an open & transparent manner;
- ensuring high standards of governance is maintained through financial and performance accountability, and clarity of responsibilities between the CEO and elected Council.
- rigorously working for improved democratic process in local government by engaging with ratepayers, disseminating information on key decisions to actively encourage informed debate and influence Council decisions;
- ensuring that the Council always acts in the interests of all Ratepayers not vested sectional interests;
- identifying issues relating to a lack of accountability, governance and community engagement occurring in the Douglas Shire Council and facilitate redress;
- ensuring value for money is delivered for rates and charges by diligent management of the Douglas Shire resources and the most efficient and cost effective operations of local government;
- ensuring local government are held accountable for generating revenue from sources other than rates to support the region;
- monitoring to ensure that councillors operate within their Code of Conduct Principal
- ensuring local government show evidence of a workplace culture where best practice performance standards are identified, implemented and evaluated;
- encouraging citizens of the Douglas Shire to stand for public office in local government.